Friday, December 10, 2010

Feels Just Right

I unashamedly can say that I love making my 'hoop art'.  I often get orders for the same design, on the same fabric with the same sewing.... and I love the fact that there a person out there that wants my work! BUT...I get a thrill out of the new pieces... perhaps even the same illustration on different fabric, or with different sewing techniques, or with the addition of mesh, lace & doilies! With glee, I pull out all my fabric & lay a copy of the illustration on each of them all until one of them "feels just right".

I have many smaller pieces of fabric from op-shops or from favourite pieces of clothing... I find it hard to use these fabrics because I know once they are gone, they are gone for good and I cant just run down to Spotlight & buy some more. But when I hold an illustration to these fabrics & it feels like there is an instant marriage... then my scissors come out!

I am so excited about each piece I make, while also looking forward to my next op-shop adventure when I will source more "perfect" fabric for the next design!





























1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. With some fabrics its really hard to use them until you feel it and know that it IS for the right project.

    ReplyDelete