Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank you Twine...

The first illustrated hoops I made had no wire on the back. In my mind, is was super easy to hang it from the little bolt at the top of the embroidery hoop. But then, I thought perhaps this would not suit everyone, so I added wire across the back. I took pride in making little notches in the wood for the wire to sit in, & carefully pulled the wire nice & tight so it would look neat & lovely. I patted myself on the back & smiled at how considerate I was to offer this hanging option. But then, only this week, I noticed that this straight wire on the back meant that the hoop could slip on nail/hook & end up looking all crooked. I did not like crooked at all. So, I began giving the wire some slack allowing the customer to bend it & make the hoop hang the way it was intended. Sadly, there was no back-patting at this point...the sloppy wire just didn't look nice.

Last night, I decided to use my favourite twine instead - yes, it costs more than wire, but hey, you are worth it! I may be biased, but the results are just lovely... the hoop hangs perfectly & the string fits in so well with the feel of the upcycled fabric. For now, I am giving myself a pat on the back....for now.

Here is also another illustrated plate... I still need to paint some little yellow footprints tonight. Oh yellow paint... I love yellow & after recently purchasing more paint, I couldnt help myself & ended up adding yellow painted details to ALL of my plate illustrations! I just couldnt stop. So much fun.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
x Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment