Monday, August 29, 2011

'Sophie Cushion' sneaked her way in...




I had so many things to do today... both for Gretel Girl & for home... and dont get me wrong, I have made a start on many of those things (but it is possible that I finished none). On top of that I am doing a couple of custom portraits - these require a lot of stopping & starting in order to continually edit & ensure that the portrait actually ends up looking like the intended person!  So during one of my breaks today, I may have accidentally started a new project just for fun. You know that wonderful rebellious feeling when you forget all the "I have to do..." and instead you just do something for fun?! Well, today, the 'Sophie Cushion' accidentally emerged from my hands as I explored painting freehand on fabric & then adding some sewing detail. The back of the cushion is a tea towel I picked up op-shopping & it was a wonderful excuse to use it. And now I must pay the price... I will play catch-up for the rest of the day... those wet clothes wont hang themselves on the line....

No comments:

Post a Comment