Friday, April 2, 2010

Walk a Mile




A friend was wearing the most delightful shoes the other day. I was compelled to drool over them. Yes... they were an op-shop find! Sadly, I am one of those people who never seems to find cool op-shop shoes in my size.
I'm not opposed to it but I think it's kind of a strange thing wearing second-hand shoes... Someone else, a complete stranger has worn those shoes... Someone that possibly leads a very different life to your own... Someone that possibly has different beliefs... different ideals... different dreams...

Its probably no surprise that travelling down this thought path brought a song to mind (Elvis was close behind!)....

"If I could be you, if you could be me
For just one hour, if we could find a way
To get inside each other's mind
If you could see you through my eyes
Instead your own ego I believe you'd be
I believe you'd be surprised to see
That you've been blind

Walk a mile in my shoes
just walk a mile in my shoes
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Then walk a mile in my shoes..."

(Thanks to Lisa for her inspiring shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment