Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coffee Cuffs

You know those little cardboard sleeves that Starbucks slip over your papercup to stop you burning your fingers? (Sorry, Adelaidians... no starbucks for you anymore)... Well, while Googling vintage fabric last night, I stumbled upon something brilliant... coffee cup cuffs made from the sleeves of vintage shirts! Ingenious!

I am left thinking... why didn't I think of that?! I wish I had thought of that! I really wish I had thought of that.

These feelings are nothing new to me... I often find cool creations that I've thought of doing, only to find that someone else is actually already doing it! I find amazing creations that I know I am capable of making, but someone else has already accomplished! Sometimes (particularly in Melbourne) I find myself in shops & I am overwhelmed by the fact that local artists are doing the things that inspire me & things that I love to do... (if only the time & resources permitted)...

It would be easy to be glum & say "who needs me... others are actually doing what I have failed to do". NO. Today I am rejoicing because I know my mind is creative. I love the way I think. I love that I can make beautiful things. AND I am glad that I find so much pleasure seeing a vintage fabric coffee cup cuff!

(check it out here: http://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/vintage-fabric-coffee-sleeve-etsy.jpg)

1 comment:

  1. Err.... I have not seen vintage coffee cuffs. You can make them in your own Trace style. They would be a hit in some towns in the States, I am sure... Sell them in Oregan. People will want them because they are yours and your are amazing.

    ReplyDelete